High school drop out, former addict, now fights for intergalactic peace.
Life can be rough for some. For one man, life was insurmountable. One dead end after another lead him in and out of jail more times than he ventured to count. One such occasion changed everything.
Charlie Westlake is a man on a mission to bring together one of the top teams the universe has ever seen. On this trip, he will bring an empty man into the fold. Will he make it?
John Brooks enters the ISC in this, a prequel to Mirror Image.
Five random facts about the series:
1. Before Jackson joined the ISC, he was married and had a little girl. You’ll be able to read his backstory next year.
2. Maddie has a file on her computer of ideas for future products, including one for genetic enhancements. It becomes the Genesis Project. More on that when the Amethyst Chronicles: Winter’s Kiss launches in November.
3. I started writing Mirror Shattered immediately following Mirror Image.
4. This is book two in a five part series, including a prequel for Mack.
5. Short stories for Jackson and the Brooks brothers will follow next year.
Five Facts about the ISC:
1. The Intergalactic Security Commission encompasses 115 planets and has a total of 40 bases spread out over the galaxy.
2. The ISC isn’t formally part of the military. It acts as a separate entity.
3. Even though it isn’t involved in the military, the ISC is mostly made up of scientists and service personnel.
4. On the outside, the ISC appears like a normal city building. The building uses self-generating shields and holographic projectors to hide the roof top hanger. The more secure levels are underground.
5. Before the start of Mirror Shattered, Charlie Westlake has been the only Commander.
Five personal facts while writing this story:
1. Several scenes in this book made me cry but there is one in particular that I cried while writing.
2. Like a lot of sci-fi fans, I’ve always been fascinated with time travel. When I began planning this series, I knew the second book would involve going to the past. The results were anything behind I had ever dreamed.
3. I subscribe to the Joss Whedon school of philosophy: “Make it dark, make it grim, make it tough, but then, for the love of God, tell a joke.” That describes the latter half of Mirror Shattered.
4. I pose the question if you could go back in time to affect the future, not knowing if what you do is for the better or not, would you do it? That question kept me up for two nights.
5. The changes both Mack and Maddie go through in this book inspired me and will forever change the course of the series.
Link for Mirror Image: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JWZZ20W
Bio of Author, K.G Stutts:
Growing up in Texas and later South Carolina as the youngest in a house full of science-fiction fans, K.G. Stutts had her natural curiosity and imagination nurtured since birth by family movie nights where they would watch Star Wars, Indiana Jones and even timeless Disney favorites.
A prolific writer of sci-fi, romance and mystery, K.G. draws much of her inspiration from those amazing works that gave her an appreciation for telling rich, compelling, character-driven stories for all audiences.
Keep up with her on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/KGStutts or follow her on Twitter at http://twitter.com/KGStutts. She also is on Tumblr at kgstutts.tumblr.com. She lives in North Carolina with her husband, Brad and works for a customer service call center full time. She's a lover of Star Wars, Star Trek (original, TNG, and Voyager), Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, Muppets, Garfield, Disney, Indiana Jones and is a big football, wrestling, and hockey fan.