Are you thinking of doing the next #Pit2Pub Twitter Pitch Party in February? Not sure if it's worth your time? Does anyone actually get a publisher?
If you've asked yourself any of these questions, I'm here to tell you (1) You should do #pit2Pub, (2) It's definately worth your time, (3) Here's just one SUCCESS story from M. J. Greenway who participated in the first ever #Pit2Pub last July 2015.
So let's see what M. J. Greenway has to say, shall we?
1. What do you write? Genre? NA Contemporary Romance
2. Tell us about yourself? I grew up in a small town and moved to L.A. after college. Adventures in that strange urban terrain inspired me to write my first novel, Dating Maggie.
My great passions have always included reading and writing. I write under the clouds of the Pacific Northwest where sometimes my husband and son pop in to check on me.
3. What prompted you to pitch your book in #Pit2Pub? I had submitted to some publishers sans agent-the old fashioned way. Some rejections and a revise and resubmit had tricked in. I was working on revisions when I heard about #Pit2Pub on Twitter. I noticed that there were publishers listed that I had not submitted to yet. It was perfect timing as my re-writes were just wrapping up. It was a great opportunity to try a second round of submissions in a unique new way.
4. Tell about your #Pit2Pub experience. I pitched a picture book that received no favorites. I also pitched my NA contemporary romance, Dating Maggie and it received eight favorites. I was thrilled!
This was the pitch: A hot rancher threatens to turn an actress/dating vlogger’s world upside down. #Pit2Pub # NA #R.
I researched the publishers that starred my pitch and decided to submit to a few of them. I was also waiting to hear from a publisher that was looking at my R & R that I’d submitted before I participated in #Pit2Pub.
Limitless Publishing requested a full a few days after my submission and a contract not long after that. The other publisher said they would need more time to review my revised MS before making a decision. I was happy with the Limitless contract and let the other publisher know that I had signed with another publisher.
5. Tell us about your upcoming book.
When Maggie’s 25th birthday rolls around she makes herself a promise. She will get a boyfriend and an acting gig by her next birthday. If it doesn’t happen, she will break up with tinsel town for good.
At least she’s got a cool day job as a movie studio tour guide. Her best friend Kate is also pretty great. Skinny botoxed blondes, traffic jams and sunshine have even kind of grown on her. She just yearns for more.
With renewed determination she decides to try a new dating app. She thinks it will give her plenty of fodder for her dating vlog. Then out of the blue she meets Brad, at a catering job. He’s cute and an actor too. She sees great potential in him.
At the same time, she befriends Cliff, a handsome rancher she met on one of her tours. He’s just in town for a wedding but lives in Maggie’s hometown of Portland. Once he learns about her dating experiences, he decides to keep in touch to ask her for dating advice.
Finally a promising audition comes her way and things seem to be falling into place. Just when life is starting to feel as warm as the California sun-life throws her some unexpected curveballs. As a result, she’s forced to make some hard choices. There’s a good chance her life may go in a direction she never would have dreamed of.
6. When is your book scheduled to be released? October 27, 2015 (TOMORROW!!!) Can we see your cover? Of course!!!
7. What is at the top of your bucket list? Funnily enough, my goal was to have a book published by the time I turned forty. It looks like it’s gonna happen just under the wire.
8. Parting words for other authors? For me, tenacity, patience, re-writing, #Pit2Pub and having a kid finally start kindergarten helped me on the road to publication.
I’m grateful to Kristin D. Van Risseghem and Ann M. Noser for hosting this contest and I hope to participate again in the future.
Ann and I are very excited to announce that DigiWriting has partnered with us for the popular #Pit2Pub Twitter pitch party. Using their resources, reach and expertise, they will assist elevating #Pit2Pub and its participating publishers and authors to new heights.
Despite the fact that the next #Pit2Pub pitch party is not occurring until February 3rd, 2016, we’re already getting the celebration started! Beginning October 5th, 2015, visit DigiWriting's website to read guest blogs from participating publishers and gain valuable insights into their approach to book marketing and what each publisher will be looking for during the upcoming #Pit2Pub! DigiWriting will also be hosting a “workshop” on how to craft the perfect tweet just days before the pitch party. Stay tuned for more info…
To learn more about #Pit2Pub, check out the information below!
What is #Pit2Pub?
#Pit2Pub is a Twitter Pitch Party for writers to tweet a 140-character pitch for their completed and polished manuscript(s) directly to publishers. If your 140-character pitch is favorited by a publisher, you may submit your manuscript by following their submission guidelines.
When is the next #Pit2Pub occurring?
The next event is scheduled for February 3, 2016 and will occur between 8 am CST and 8 pm CST.
How can I participate?
All you need is to jump onto Twitter and post your pitch! When writing your 140-character pitch, make sure to leave enough room to include #Pit2Pub, Age and Genre hashtags in the tweet. Click here for a full list of Age and Genre hashtags.
How do I know if a publisher is interested in my manuscript?
Publishers will favorite your tweet if they wish to see more. If you receive a favorite (yellow star), follow their submission directions on their website or look for them on the official #Pit2Pub blog.
Where can I learn more about #Pit2Pub?
Keep up to date on #Pit2Pub information and rules by visiting Kristin's Blog, and Ann's Blog and DigiWriting’s website.
At DigiWriting, our mission is simple: to help authors and publishers get the exposure and attention that their titles deserve. Our professional book marketing experts work with authors and publishers to create their ideal integrated book marketing and publicity program, which elevates their titles and helps their brand stand out from the crowd. Our book marketing services include book launches, social media start-up and management, media and reviewer relations, press releases, expert consultations, and more!