1. What is your name/pen name? Sarai Henderson
2. What do you write? Genre? I write YA Urban Fantasy and Epic Fantasy
3.Tell us about yourself? I’m a mother of three young boys. One has autism and one has severe ADHD. It’s always chaotic around our house, but we make it work. I write on my lunch break at work and I hate it when the creative juices are flowing and I run out of time.
4.What prompted you to pitch your book in #Pit2Pub? I love all the feedback you get from pitch contests. It’s helped me grow as a writer. So, when I pitched during #Pit2Pub, I never expected the many favorites that I received.
5. Tell about your #Pit2Pub experience. I had a few pitches scheduled to go out during the day, but it was my very first tweet that got seven favorites and one really excited reply that asked if I would query them. I ultimately went with the really excited comment.
6. Which publisher did you sign with? Evernight Teen
7. Tell us about your upcoming book. Sixteen-year-old Hunter belongs to the Telepathic Alliance for the Latent or Newly manifested, otherwise known as Talon, a bounty hunter community known for their ruthless tactics. Her latest mission in San Diego was supposed to be a piece of cake, but when the job takes a treacherous and deadly turn, not even her telepathic abilities could have warned her of the dangers lurking around the corner.
There is only one place for Hunter to go, and that is straight into the hands of the government and their Psychic Intelligence Team, but even the “normal” world isn’t safe. With each passing hour throwing her deeper into the game of life and death, Hunter must decide who to trust before this mission becomes her last.
8. When is your book scheduled to be released? July 8, 2016 ... Oh, that's today!!!!
9. What is at the top of your bucket list? It was having a book published, but now that that’s done, I really want to travel to Ireland and see the rolling green hills and high cliffs.
10. Parting words for other authors? Never give up. Putting yourself out there can be hard, but just know that all your hard work will pay off in the end.